That's right, Yukon, Oklahoma is the hometown of Garth Brooks! I heart Garth Brooks. I used to be a secret lover of Garth Brooks, but I'm just going to shout it from the rooftops, or my blog...I love Garth! I'm a Garth-head!
Do you know what else is great about Yukon, Oklahoma?
Braum's. I love Braum's. We had to stop and eat. Not glamorous, unless you have been deprived for years. You see, Braum's was a great treat in Pampa that Granny or Daddy would take us to get. Then, we lived down the street from it in Amarillo. I recommend a twist in a waffle cone.
Our hotel was nice. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It was in the middle of renovations. The carpet still smelled new. I think that is a refreshing feeling in a hotel.
Off to the game. We parked at the basketball stadium and walked to the football stadium for the full effect of the gameday atmosphere. It was so crowded. I think it was the largest crowd in OU's history with around 88,000 people in attendance. The streets shut down around the campus and it's block party meets tailgating. We walked through aimlessly and wide eyed until we needed space. We met up with Scott and Kelley before the game for a few minutes prior to the game. They were tailgating next to Toby Keith's daughter who is a huge OU fan. Here's our pregame picture (then the camera died).
It was so cold. Shivering cold. Notice I stole Micah's hat...I forgot mine in my suitcase back at the hotel.We were in section 103 at the top of the stadium with wind blowing. We held down the section with our "guns up" and calm applause as respectful vistors, that is until OU scored off an interception. This man in front of us begins jumping up and down, first in his spot and then on top of his bleacher which is level with where we are standing. He hit Micah in the face with his forearm as enthusiasm clearly overtook his better judgement. I think the cold clouded my judgement, because I started screaming, "I hope your nachos get cold." Yea, real insulting, but it was the best I could do...my brain was frozen as was the other parts of my body, and I couldn't think except I just noticed he had just got nachos...it seemed rude at the time. Micah kept "shushing" me. I gave him ugly faces behind him the rest of the game, until we couldn't take it any longer. Left at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too cold. Too sad. Long walk back to the car. Stepped in vomit. Too tired and sick after breathing cold air. McDonald's. Back to hotel. PJ's. Ate in bed. Delicious. Trying to warm up. Sleep in. Travel back to Texas.
Would do it again in a heartbeat. OSU go kick OU's tail this weekend!
Much love,


3 comments:
I love how "stepped in vomit" is its own sentence. You make me smile, Malouf!
I love Braum's...so jealous! Disappointing ending though for our Raiders. Glad you had fun...I at least got to leave the living room after the 100th OU touchdown.
I'm glad y'all had fun! We were very sad here in Lubbock.
Post a Comment