Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Saturday and more...

Wow! Another win! Micah woke up Friday morning so pathetic and sick with some sort of flu-ish, coughing mess, but went to work since he had meetings. He was still sick and crashed on Friday after work. Sick again on Saturday, but of course, he drugged himself on over-the-counter medicine and made it through for another big win! Poor thing, he's now making up for yesterday...back in bed. Here's our Saturday recap:

Delicious Carinos. Good company of Micah's family. Mitch bought a car...don't call it "new," though! :) While Micah's dad was looking at a car, we took our turns looking hot in a little red sportscar that shouldn't be driven...only sat in!


Off to the game...big crowd, night game atmosphere, lots of screaming and cheering equaled big fun!


We are getting excited about the possibilities. We have our bowl tickets reserved, and wouldn't that be so fun as an after Christmas vacation?!? I really would love for it all to work out. I'm hoping it's somewhere warm...I do love wearing my flip-flops!

In other news, on Tuesday, my next door neighbor Evans' teacher friend, Amy, dropped in to see me and my classroom. She brought her love and Evans', too. It made me homesick for my old school. It was so good to see her and hear how everything was going. I feel so spoiled and pretty blessed to have crossed paths with truly caring, wonderful people. Thanks Amy, for making my day, no, week.

I've been thinking back a year ago this time. We were in Austin celebrating Micah's swearing in ceremony (I still am so proud of him) coupled with the UT v Tech game (we lost), driving back, we put in an offer on our house, and really felt like bonafide adults. Now, we are in that house, making some notable changes, and planning to add to our little family. What a difference a year makes! I'm still so excited about the upcoming holidays. I can't remember a year where I've ever felt such anticipation.

Much love,

Photobucket

1 comment:

mandal said...

WOW! What a fun year for y'all! How exciting!