We were supposed to attend a summer cocktail pool party on Friday night. On Thursday, I searched high and low for a dress. Mind you, I have some adorable linen dresses that scream, "Hand me a mojito!" and let's be social. However, at nine months pregnant, that same dress wouldn't get close to zipping. Not close at all. So, I bought two options. We didn't end up going due to Micah's unfortunate stomach issue, a house showing, and it being waaaaay hot and me...the waddling one. I'm guessing we wouldn't have been the life of the party.
While shopping, I noticed all adorable sheath dresses out there. This must be the year for the sheath. I love a good sheath. And, bright colors. I love black. But something about summer makes me want to shed the black and wear fuchsia, yellow, cobalt blue, lime green and don an oversize floral print. I also noticed the dress that were very fitted in the bodice and then floated away into an a-line shape skirt. I even tried one on just to see if it would fit. Bhhahaha. What was I thinking?!? So, since we didn't go to the party on Friday, I'm taking back the maternity dresses, and I'm getting store credit for something I can wear long term. SO EXCITING! I'm feeling motivated to see a thinner me come back. I keep thinking healthy baby and pants with a zipper and button in a single size instead of small, medium, and large maternity sizing or pajama pants.
Happy shopping everyone!
Much love,

3 comments:
goodness - poor hubby - he's had a rough week too! Sounds like you are nearing the end!!! Can't wait to meet Miss Caroline!
Had to laugh - my code word was "soona"
Hey Colby!! So, you've inspired my to reinstate my blog, but this time...no work stories!!! Only baby stories!! I watched this birthing video last night of a labor/delivery with an epideral, and it made me feel so much better about giving birth! The lady is so calm, there's no screaming involved, plus, let's just say she was "clean cut." So if you need to watch an easy delivery to give you confidence, go to babycenter.com and watch the epideral birthing video. Stay away from the natural birth video though- that just looked and sounded awful!!! LOL!
Post a Comment