Week 36. In a month or less, I'm going to be a full-fledged mom. Some days I think I'm ready and other days, I think, "What have I done?" Then, I see everyone else with their children and I think if they can do this, surely I can... child rearing has been going on since civilization began. So, I can do it...right? Right?!? Nevertheless, I am nine months pregnant today. I don't see any impending labor signs other than I really think she's dropped and I have to go tinkle ALL the time. I mean ALL the time. I could buy stock in Charmin or Angel Soft. I also sound like Rice Krispies cereal when milk hit them. Snap, Crackle, Pop. I read somewhere that's my ligaments loosening up for what's to come. Nothing like your hips and neck popping in the echo of the bathroom as I make my 4 AM potty run. And, another weird thing is my insatiable craving for meat. Red meat. In the last few days, I have wanted hamburgers, barbecue sandwiches, and steak. And, I've eaten it all. I could eat more. I even went to the grocery store in the over 100 degree heat with the help of my friend, Kim, who was in town yesterday and stocked up on meat! Beef it's what's for dinner. Oh, and the heat. Whew! I don't know if I mentioned that Micah teases me about being a cold-blooded reptile. That's changed. I have the AC cranked up and I really don't care at the moment what our energy bill will be. It's scorching outside and I don't like being hot. The doctor said I'd go back to normal after six weeks postpartum. I'll take cold-blooded over sweating any day.
Micah will be driving back from Sean's wedding in Dallas today. I didn't get to attend. I'm guessing that a five hour car ride would have turned into a much longer one, and I wouldn't have been very pleasant company to ride with considering driving to Lubbock for doctor's appointments is rough considering how much I have to squirm around to find a comfortable sitting position. He's been on the go so I haven't heard many details of the wedding, but I'm sure it was lovely. So now that he's done traveling until Caroline comes, I feel much better knowing he'll be here or at least in Lubbock should the deal go down! Dodger has been keeping me company and he's been a delight. He's crawled in my arms and wanted to be held like a baby or crawled on my chest and put his face right in front of mine. I do love him so.
Much love,
No comments:
Post a Comment