Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Aren't dads great? My daddy is a wonderful man. My mom told me that I would wait by the door for daddy to come home from work and say, "Dadoon, Dadoon" as I anticipated his arrival by the garage entrance. As I grew older, I went with Daddy to feed the horses--especially in the summer; it was our special time. He taught me to ride a bike, ride a horse, and how to drive after I panicked my mother. I watched my dad. I watched how he handled his temper, money, my mom, and his relationship with Christ. He's also been slow to anger, no credit cards for dad, forgiving and patient with my mom, and a man of great, great faith. I cannot think of anyone with a better work ethic than him. Nor, can I think of anyone with a better attitude. He's the eternal optimist. He's also been so supportive of all of my activities and endeavors. I love our chats now; we talk almost every other day when I'm driving back and forth sometimes about nothing! I admire my dad so much for all he's sacrificed for me and my family. Take time today to tell your dad how much you love and appreciate him! Happy Father's Day Daddy!

Much love,

Photobucket

No comments: