So the money that was going to the kitchen is now into landscaping. We've weeded and reweeded and reweeded and tomorrow, I'll do some more. We are now on another waiting list with a landscaper in Lubbock to come out and do our bed. She's already been out to look at the soil and our drainage and gave us the okay, but now we wait for plants. So while I've waited, I've done some work myself. My manure shoveling days are proving useful!

Impatients by the front door. I took this in the heat of the day so they look sad, but they are lovely!



These are wave petunias we have in four hanging baskets. I picked the petunias because my granny had the lilac version in her front bed, and sometimes it's nice to look at something and be reminded of her sweetness.

This is not just dirt. This is freshly weeded, tilled dirt that I nearly killed myself over. The house in the picture is my neighbors house and since his home is new there was no lawn here. We've tried to plant grass twice and see the side that I didn't till that is the grass that grew...the rest...not so much. I'm hoping with all of tilling and weeding it will grow!!!

R.I.P. ugly tree. In less than five minutes this tree was gone thanks to my frustration. It is awaiting burial at the landfill later this week.

Here's why is was ugly--it was growing sideways. The roots are growing sideways making it crazy hard to get out of the ground. I bought is tree stump decomposer to help and it looks like it is working, but we'll see!

I don't mind these pine trees as much as they are growing upright and along the back fence as a wind guard of sorts. Mowing and weeding is near impossible since they are grown to near the ground. There are four of them. This is what they looked like before.


And, after. Now, maybe I can get back there and get the weeds and trash that blows back by the fence. I hope I didn't kill them, but I gave them a pretty serious trim and found an old wasp nest in the process!
See why I'm sore???
Much love,

No comments:
Post a Comment