I'm a nerd. A proud nerd. On my Friday nights as a kid, I would watch 20/20 (after TGIF, of course). In the sixth grade, I would bring Pampa Middle School a fact of the day from my watching Good Morning America prior to getting ready. I would always start getting ready at 7:10AM and sometimes later if there was a really good story coming up. I love the news. I majored in broadcast journalism...for a semester. I even worked at a news station as an associate producer (fancy title for intern making minimum wage who heard and saw way too much for her taste). I so enjoyed watching Tim Russert. He made the news simple, unpretentious. He asked tough questions, but asked tough questions to everyone. I loved him more when he wrote a book about his dad. Most people know how much I love my own dad. I love rooting on the good guys...the underdog. Tim Russert was one of the good guys, the underdog from a blue collar background who really had to work for what he achieved. Click the link below to view this morning's interview on the Today Show between Matt Lauer and Luke Russert, Tim's son. Very moving.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...080616-20206862Much love,
No comments:
Post a Comment