Friday, June 20, 2008

Proud moment, funny moment

I'm so proud of Micah. Yesterday I saw his suit hanging up (clothes hung up with proper care is a big deal for Micah...small victories!) in our guest room, and I asked if he had to be in the courtroom today. He normally doesn't wear the full suit gear except once or twice a week for court. He tells me that he's been sworn in in front of a federal judge so he can argue in the federal court. "And, you didn't tell me," I stammered. He proceeds to be totally nonchalant about the whole thing explaining to me that it is just a formality and any lawyer who pays can be sworn in, yadda, yadda, yadda. Still, I need the photo taking moment to bask in his success! So why am I typing and not there you may ask. We have been a wait list since March to have our flowerbed done (tilled, planted the whole works). Today was supposed to be the day, and Micah wanted me to be here when the landscapers were here to ask questions. Last night, it rained and rained and rained (we have frogs out the wa-zoo in the backyard!). This morning I get a phone call from the nursery in Lubbock coming to work on it and the tiller won't be able to get through the mud. Mind you, it hasn't rained in weeks here...WEEKS! They rescheduled us about ten minutes before Micah walked out the door to go to Lubbock to be sworn in. I'll have my proud moment from afar and know Lanny is taking good care sponsoring him today. Micah, I'm really so proud of your hard work. I can't wait to be your biggest fan (do they allow buttons, posters, and air horns, haha) watching you argue in federal court.

I submitted the above paragraph around 11:30 AM. I just got back from lunch with Micah and the swearing in at the federal court was good. Nice and uncomplicated. He and the law partner had to go to the state court to submit something and they set off the fire alarms by pushing the down button to the elevator. When I say set off the fire alarm, I mean the whole court house had to evacuate! HAHA!!! Don't you just love those moments...I guess he will really never forget this day! Still proud...

Much love,

Photobucket

No comments: