I took my EC-4 test yesterday. It took me three hours to take since I rationalize and rethink and annoy myself (kinda like I do in life). I took it on a computer so I would get my scores back quicker. I am "old school" and like to mark on the test. I do just what I tell my students to do: highlight, underline parts of the questions, and eliminate answer choices. You can't do that on a computer. I got scratch paper to work with so I was marking A, B, C, D on the paper and marking choices out. My contact in my eye bothered me during the test and I kept fiddling with it. I'm sure the people monitoring me by camera wondered what the heck I was doing. I so stressed from reading and rereading that I drove straight home and didn't stop to run any errands, get lunch, or make a day of it. I prayed during the test, after the test, and today. You must understand that I never took these classes that teach you the terminology associated with teaching one to read. I left feeling dejected. I hate that feeling of not knowing something. To not pass, what would people think? I had to rely on my own elementary experiences, and a lot has changed since then. Thank you my precious elementary teachers and God for answered prayers, something stuck...I received my unofficial score report today--passed with a 274!
Much love,
No comments:
Post a Comment