Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breathing Words of Life

Isn't funny how the words we speak have a profound impact on those ears they fall upon? I am so guilty of saying something negative about someone or something. Don't those words or hurt stick with you? How hard is it to shake off? And, even years later, are you still carrying around those words like a weight you drag behind you?

I think back to my first job. I worked at Sears, in the maternity/ladies dress department, nevertheless (I have no idea why, but it was the "cool" place to work). A woman came by and was asking the price of an item. My response was simple, "This tag reflects the price." She stopped and looked at me and asked if my mother was a teacher. She was quite impressed with my word, "reflects." She went on to compliment my vocabulary. It was during a time in my life when I clung to affirmation that I was "good enough." Ten years later, I remember this stranger's kind words and compliment.

My compliment today is for my husband. I am the most proud wife to a wonderfully kind, brilliant, and handsome man. Isn't it funny how we evolve over time? I've watched him grow spiritually and grow into a career that he is truly respected in. I'm so excited that he's excited as we plan on expanding the Malouf nest. I'm showered with blessings being married to him.

Make someone's day today. Be the someone that lifts another's day. Breathe words of life...they are contagious.

Much love,

Colby

4 comments:

Brenda said...

BeeBee aka Brenda anxiously awaits the expansion of the Malouf nest!! Blessings to your family always.

Anonymous said...

I think I will do just what you said. Thank you for reminding me that kind words can really touch people. It is so easy to only say negative things when you teach. I will try the rest of the day to say positive things. Thank you!!!

And, have I told you that we miss you around here.

Monica Curry said...

I am ready for the Malouf Nest to expand also...You will be the best and cutest mommy around!!!

mandal said...

Love this post!