Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I choose gratitude as my attitude!

I have a tendency to say whatever I'm thinking. I just blurt out how I feel, when I feel it. Then, this blurting gives me anxiety as though I think others analyze my words as much as I do. I've made a conscience choice to edit my words to speak words of life. It doesn't always happen, but I'm working on it! Here's a few things I'm grateful for today:

1. My mom called last night to inform me her retina detached from her eye. She had suddenly had surgery today, and my dad said she is doing well. He's playing nurse to the little pirate head at home and was asking for girly movie recommendations (to watch with her one non-sewn eye!). I think my dad is one sweet man!

2. My sister is expecting in late July. She's been in and out (mostly in) of the hospital since mid-December, but they released her yesterday. She was really sick with my niece, then had a miscarriage last year, and I am grateful that her baby is healthy even though she's been so sick. I'm excited to find out if it's a boy or girl.

3. We had a financial meeting a school and it went over my head. I came home and Micah totally gets all this stuff. I'm glad he likes numbers and understands IRA and Roth and interest rates.

4. My students actually like me. I don't think I would like me, but they do. I'm truly shocked, but I guess when all you've heard is TAKS this and TAKS that...it's all they know. I feel like all I say is "strategies, steps, highlight, circle, hush, turn off your words, etc." I'm grateful that they work so hard for me, even if I think I'm unlikable and unfun.

5. I feel so much better this week. Far more energy after feeling puny. Prayers really work!

Much love,

Colby

No comments: