Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A dose of honesty

I'm just going to be honest here...when I get on to check my blogs each evening, I think, "Man, I should write." I'm stopped by not wanting to sound too whiny, too mopey, too depressing, too this or that. Here's a few honest thoughts from the middle of my week:

1) I think some parents are screwing up their kids. Why? These kids are great. Sometimes I wish I could scoop them up and bring them home with me. I worry too much and am probably too critical of other's parenting when I'm not a parent myself.

2) I was up from 2:30 until 5:30 with major heartburn early this morning. Isn't heartburn from men in their 60's?

3) I just got back from chopping my hair off. We had a lice scare at school the last couple of days. No, I don't have it. I figured now is as good as any to chop it off right above my shoulders (it was a bit above my shoulder blades). I'm kinda mourning my hair.

4) I'm bummed. We were supposed to leave tomorrow night for a weekend trip to Austin. Micah had a legal conference and I was tagging along to play. We aren't going now because he's been too busy at work to plan the trip. We had flights and a hotel. Since it's Valentine's Day weekend, I was so super excited--plus, I was getting to get away. Now, not so much.

5) I have the winter blues.

6) I am trying to take control of my future next year. I'm not sure what that entails just yet. I need to give it over to God. I know he holds the plans for me.

There it is. Okay, my peepers are about to shut on me. Goodnight, Moon!

Much love,

Colby

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your lice stories never fail to amuse :)

kristen lewis said...

I always have haircut remorse after cutting my hair. Every time. Maybe you guys should lock your door and have a naked weekend at home instead of in Austin! Live it up.