Ahh, Labor Day has come and gone for this year. My white pants will hang until Easter returns. My mom would always make us put away our white dress shoes in favor of black patent strap shoes as a child. As I was making my evening news article check, I found this interesting read. I had no idea the theory of traditionalists versus the upward mobility of the middle class who revolted against the notion as silly and unpractical. I suppose I'll just have to hunt for a pair of winter white pants, or cream...I cannot break the 'ole black patent shoe rule after Labor Day.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090908/us_time/08599192068400Much love,
1 comment:
Oh I'm right there with you! I have some great white maternity pants but I put them away last night...I even wore them to church on Sunday for "one last wear!"
Geeze "great white" sounds like a whale of some kind...I feel that way though. Ha!
(My word verification is alamiste...I have to think - yep, I'm a little teary to not wear white anymore.)
Post a Comment