Through reading a friend's blog she had a link to Pioneer Woman blog. My first thought was if this is about retrieving eggs from a chickens or about how to make your own detergent, I'm out. Micah was in the other room watching college football and I was trying to find something to do with my time besides the things that needed to be done...like the papers I have neglected to grade...that are still in the car that I told Micah, make me grade papers...he clearly hasn't...good man. On Pioneer Woman's website, she writes her love story about her mid-twenties dating, shortly followed by her meeting her now husband. You have to read it. It's called From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It describes her life from a country club kid, going to college in LA and then winding up with a ruggedly handsome cowboy and planning life on a ranch with passion sprinkled in. I read the whole thing in my spare time in two days. It's good. Really good. It sucks you in, good. I make me laugh out loud, got me a little hot, and made me relate to those great phone calls and smelling the scent of Micah anywhere he had been after he had left. At one point, I walked into the living room where Micah was lounging on the couch and planted one on him. His response, "What kind a Fabio novel are you reading in there?" Find some time and read up!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/category/black_heelstractor_wheels/the_night_i_met_marlboro_man
Much love,
3 comments:
great! one more thing i need to read. my husband already thinks i have a "problem" because i love to read blogs. i still don't get what the difference between that and him watching hours upon hours of football is?!?! oh well, don't care, i'll be reading it anyways!!! thanks! =)
I am laughing out loud! So true!
I am also laughing about picking up eggs and making your own soap.
We got our house sprayed today and he shared with me that we had mice droppings in our garage - the city girl I was had to ask what to do now and what happens after they eat "bait" and where do they go to die...certainly not in MY house!?! ICK!
I love this blog too! Georgia Reed showed it to me...Hope school is going well!
Post a Comment