Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 11, 2009

Funny how September 11, 2001 seems not that long ago. In fact, I wrote on my board "09/09/09, cool huh?" Wednesday...wrote on my board today regular 'ole 09/10/09 and then nearly forgot tomorrow is September 11. Time has passed and I nearly forgot. Eight years ago, I never thought I would almost forget. How fortunate I feel that I almost forgot! Eight short years ago I was watching the Today Show getting ready for a Tuesday class in Holden Hall in my Stangel dorm room when the second plane crashed. I went ahead to class, but came back to my room and sat glued to my television trying to get through to my friend Laci who I worried about as she attended Columbia in NYC...phone lines down.

Thank you God for the freedom that we experience. Thank you for the safety that you have blessed our nation with. I pray for the families and friends of those who lost loved ones that day. I pray that you would comfort them. God, I thank you that I when I drive to school, go to the grocery store, attend church, that I never question my safety. I owe so much to our armed forces for protecting these freedoms. Bless them and their families. And, God bless America.

Much love,

No comments: