I'm still pondering on a discussion I was having Saturday before the game. It started by nonchalantly talking about the upcoming gubernatorial race. There is no such thing as a perfect canidate because there is no such thing as a perfect person. Micah points to single topic voting. Am I a single topic voter? Are there some issues that inherently trump others? Who is the moral police? Are Democrats more for the poor? Are Republicans more Christian? Hogwash. Sometimes the media and individuals on the far side of party lines try to paint these pictures. Then, Micah and I had to go act on a "hot tip" birthday present idea and the conversation continued in the car. He pointed how could I be against the death penatly, but still vote for a candidate that was for it all while I can't vote for someone who is for abortion. So, this has me thinking still today. Seeing the big picture can be hard. I must include that Micah and I banter and somewhat pester each other on political discussion all while having eerily similiar leanings (we are nerdy and took a lenghty political test and literally scored within tenths of each other). Wasn't right/wrong, good/evil so much easier when we children. Now, I see in shades of gray. And, aren't shades of gray hard to figure?
Much love,
1 comment:
Yes they are.....I'm a conservative but not on social issues....but in the upcoming race I'm definitely going with Kay Bailey because I'm sick of Rick Perry. I think I may have taken that same political test.
Post a Comment