Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Time flies

a. I was teaching about the census today. The last census was taken in 2000 when I graduated high school. I remember Micah telling me about his job as a census enumerator when we were first dating. The kids I teach were still babies at that time. Time flies.
b. Speaking of time flying...the kids I starting teaching 5 years ago are now seniors in high school. They will be in college next year. College doesn't seem that far away for me. It's just bizarre. Again, time flies.
c. We will have lived in Plainview 2 years in a few months. I still say we are new to town. Time flies.
d. My hair was last cut at the beginning of the summer and has now grown several inches longer and probably out width wise, too. My next appointment is at the end of September...I need my hair to cooperate for the next 29 days until my hairdresser can make it back from surgery.
e. I was in a store today when the shoplifting alarm by the door went off. The store manager ran out to try to catch them. I didn't notice a thing. I should be more aware.
f. I played kickball today and then I smell like recess.
g. I'm still super tired everyday. Yea three day weekend. I miss sleeping in and no makeup, hair, or shoes days!
h. I got off the phone with my niece Reece, she tells me almost everytime we talk, "Aunt Tolby, you are funny. Where you are? (yes, I typed it right...where you are) Where Dodder? Where Micah?" Then, we sing our ABC's, but tonight we went with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I love my sweet Reece!
i. I'm excited to have Micah home after he went on a golfing trip for the weekend. I'm glad he goes and does boys activities, but I sure love when he comes home to me! He played some fun courses and caught a Cowboys/49ers game in the new stadium (even though he is a pretty serious Packers fan). Dodger and I did some serious resting and cleaning to catch up this weekend.

Much love,

No comments: