Monday, August 25, 2008

Day One

A few observations from day one:

--They hug...I'm not sure how I feel about it...my mom told me to just get used to it; I'm adjusting.
--I had a student vomit first thing this morning. Luckily, not in the classroom, but the bathroom across the hall smelled funky.
--My feet hurt. I'm not used to wearing dresses and heels (albeit kitten heels) all day. I'm in my sweats now. Tomorrow I will wear flats.
--My class told me I "go too fast." I don't repeat well. I will try to be better.
--Patience isn't the gift that comes naturally.
--I had a kid sneeze on me.
--I made it and I'm going back tomorrow. Still need prayers. Still miss my school. Working on patience. Patience is a virtue. I will repeat the last one over and over again. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue...

Much love,

Photobucket

3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

You know that you haven't been fully broken in until someone wets their pants in your class. I'm just saying that elementary school is a whole different world! Hang in there.

lindseyandgrant said...

You made it!! I am so proud and so happy for you!! You can do this, and if anything you will learn lots and lots for when you have kiddos of your own. Congratulations-day one accomplished!!

mandal said...

Oh man...you had a day of it! I know I don't REALLY know you, but I know the kids will love you:) First days are always "fun"!