Friday, August 1, 2008

Everything but the kitchen sink

I had a birthday on Wednesday; I'm now 26. I mean when I was in college I thought upperclassmen were so wise and old (what, were they 21? And I'm 26.). My sister-in-law let me know that was old; thanks Ashlee. I'll be sure to remind you of that in a mere few years. People my age are becoming doctors, having babies--some have more than one, and essentially grownup! The good thing about birthdays is that people really let you know how much they love you. I was on the phone, receiving mail and gifts, receiving messages on facebook/myspace most of the evening...made me feel really nice. It's like the Sally Field moment, "You like me, you really like me!"

What else...oh, Ashlee came into town. They played nine holes. I drove the cart and took my shoes of on the greens to feel the spongy clipped Bermuda grass. We ate a couple places and visited family one night.

I went to Lubbock yesterday and had lunch with Angela (shout out!), my student council sponsor buddy from Hutchinson Middle School. McAllister's is one of my favorite places to eat; chicken salad sandwich, no tomatoes, every time! I went on a shopping spree for my classroom. In elementary, they have themes. My theme will be Texas. I figure, do what you know. I went and dropped off some of the stuff today. I have, no lie, somewhere between 12-15 bulletin boards. I am a little overwhelmed. I went into my classroom and my bookcases needed painted and so do the baseboards. I've got a LOT of work ahead of me.

Oh, and then I went to Ann Taylor yesterday. HUGE sale! Go, go, go! Thanks Ashlee for the gift card...I got some great things that were originally $80 for $9.98!

Oh, and I'm excited about my going away party on Monday from Evans. I going to miss those people so much. I like that they liked me for who I was, and it is like a little family.

And, I am going to miss watching Oprah. I just got finished watching Maria Shriver on the show today. I think I'd want to be her real life friend!

Much love,


Photobucket

1 comment:

lindseyandgrant said...

Hey my email is lindseyfausset@yahoo.com I check that one more. And Happy Belated Birthday!