Saturday, September 13, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...

After work, I didn't go home and fall down. No, like any normal person, I sat through a dinner out with my husband (towards the end, I did mention that I was so tired and was ready to go home and put on my pjs). This dinner was after I went to the tire place when one of my tires looked low...I had a flat (Micah thought I was silly for going to the tire place...I showed him with my flat!). I'm glad I ended my week with a good day. I've had a nasty case of seasonal allergies the past few weeks. I'm not sure if it's the harvesting mixed in with the crazy rain that is causing me so much trouble. When I don't take medicine, I sneeze and my eyes pour water. When I do take medicine, I feel much better, but I feel either totally out of it (the nighttime stuff is good!) or mildly fuzzy headed (daytime stuff). My kids told me the other day I was gross and got them sick and to go home. I told them it was allergies and didn't get them sick, but I've been preaching good hand washing practices to keep germs at bay. Anyway, I had a good day Friday. Less fuzzy headed. I was quite jealous that Lubbock schools were out of school. I taught a social studies lesson on 9-11. I had a focused class interested in what I was saying. I love teaching social studies. Then, I finally got some kids understanding rounding. I had a little boy tell me I was pretty...gold star for him! No one had to "pull a color." They listened better. They got annoyed by those in their class that didn't listen. People marveled at the cleanliness of my class. I got several notes and pictures at the end of the day that warmed my heart. It seems to make all the grading, paperwork, and the days I fall down worth it. "I think I can, I think I can..." Thank you God for a good Friday.

Much love,

Photobucket

1 comment:

K-Albarez said...

See, it comes with time and patience...way to go!