Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's looking up...

My day today is looking much better than yesterday. For starters, I can't really write about everything that goes on in the classroom, but it was a horrible day yesterday. Today, much improved. First, I was done with math before we left for lunch! This is HUGE! Second, I got back to my students four or five sets of papers. Third, it was library day. My students now have a book to read when they finish their classwork. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out work for my students since I have GT, an English language learner, special ed., and speech kids. It's just one big heterogeneous group of us learning.

Today, was a ray of sunshine. I graded papers and my students did really, really well on both the punctuation paper, the greater than/less than math page, and their safety science test! Then this morning, I had a child give me a picture of her going to the beach with me...it just really made my day. I put it by my desk as a reminder of the importance of my attitude...wouldn't that have stunk if she would've drawn me handing out worksheets yelling. Oh, then my kids and I played "Sparkle." It was one of my favorite games growing up since I totally practiced my spelling words!

Here are some pictures of my classroom:

Before I could put my touch on the classroom, I was blocked out of my room by the giant toilet paper rack taken from across the hall and placed in my room for floor waxing! I actually helped lift this back into the hall so I could get in my room!

This is a before shot (this was even with some work done to it, too!)!


Reading/Language Wall





Forcing social studies on them! :)





Question of the day


My desk area/file cabinets



We wish our friends, "Happy Birthday!"


Target Math, Class Rules, Lunch Choices




Keeping up with the kids in the hall


My husband has excellent handwriting skills (I left it up and erased around it for days). Notice my handwriting in the second picture. Eeeks...practice makes perfect?



Aren't desk tags just the cutest thing ever?


Much love and a brighter outlook,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad things are looking up! Your classroom looks awesome. I would not even know where to begin with decorating a classroom. On a side note, Micah has the best handwriting I've seen...it's right out of the cursive handbook.

Monica Curry said...

So glad to read that things are going better!!! I know you'll learn to love elementary! You're room looks precious, you did a great job...lucky kiddos! Prayin for ya!

mandal said...

I am going to need your decorating skills in a year or so:) I love your room. Man, being a teacher is a lot of work!