Monday, June 22, 2009

5 things tag

I've been tagged by my new bloggie friends, The Reed family. They used to live in Plainview and we even have a similar friend in common. It really all does come back to Plainview as the center of the universe!

Five Random Facts
1. I chew on blankets, sheets, and t-shirts when watching television. It's disgusting to even me. It looks like a mouse lives in my house.
2. I run into more walls and couches than any other person I know.
3. I think life can be hard as a perfectionist. I try to play it off, but I tend to think my way is the best way.
4. My favorite smell in the house is called the Smell of Spring...I'll probably burn it all year.
5. I really want to buy some hot pink converse high tops!

Six Things I Wish I Could Do
1. Dance. I would love to be able to be twinkle toes on the dance floor, but at this point, I'd settle for just being able to keep time (without counting under my breath) two stepping.
2. I wish I could go back to college and live in the dorms and fall asleep talking to Micah. Gosh, so much fun!
3. I wish I loved cooking. I only like cooking if I'm entertaining, but I wish I loved to cook every night.
4. I wish I could speak Spanish so I could communicate with more of the families in my school.
5. I wish I could be more fearless.
6. I wish I could play the piano.

Five Mommy Confessions
1. I took a pregnancy test today, and it came out negative.
2. If we were pregnant this month, our due date would have been around the end of February which makes me nervous about Leap Year...I wonder if 2010 is a Leap Year?
3. Yesterday was Father's Day and my mom was praying for all the fathers and "future" fathers.
4. Dodger is our son and we treat him as such.
5. I started planning for this mommy business over a year ago...reading books, taking vitamins, and Micah started financial spreadsheets!

Seven Favorite Movies of All Times
1. Steel Magnolias
2. A Few Good Men
3. The Notebook
4. My Dog Skip
5. You've Got Mail
6. Home movies shot by my granny
7. Parent Trap

Five Favorite TV Shows
1. Oprah
2. The Today Show
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Desperate Housewives
5. Army Wives

Six Bands I Want to See in Concert
1. George Strait
2. Garth Brooks (at his last concert [that I watched in the movie theater as he performed in Kansas City because I'm a Garth head] he said, "If you wait for me, I'll be back..." I'm waiting bud.)
3. Reba McIntire
4. Chris Tomlin
5. Justin Timberlake
6. I wish I could've seen The Supremes

Six Places I want to go...
1. Maui
2. A tour of the South
3. Washington, D.C.
4. A tour of Europe
5. A cruise around Mexican beaches
6. A roadtrip to see U.S. landmarks in a van with whomever could stand me for a couple of weeks

Five Favorite Pictures of the Last Year (and why)

Micah gave this book to me for our anniversary. I love the idea of having this to leave to my children and grandchildren.


I love gardening and these were my inpatients in October of last year.


My slanket was a great gift for Valentine's Day! I'm wrapped up in it right now!


Joseph and the angel picture.


What a fun weekend and a great win!


Much love,

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

The pink high top thing killed me!

We're not trying (yet), but I almost started crying when I saw a onesie at Walmart on my way to frozen foods...

I have the fever.

I need intervention....

or a baby! Simply because Daisy can't wear onesies. Just kidding!