Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'll be an aunt for a second time

It's midnight as I type. After chuch today, I got home and saw two missed calls. No one ever calls on Sunday morning. Two new messages. One from Karli. One from my mom. Karli was checked into the hospital last night with a terrible headache and she got scared after her body began swelling rapidly. She fought tooth an nail not to go to the hospital (she's a little sick of being poked and prodded), but my mom and Michael weren't having it. Her baby shower was scheduled for 2 on Sunday. The message was a sobbing Karli upset because the hospital wouldn't release her to go to the baby shower. Now, not having a clue about this whole pregnancy business, I asked, "Seriously, they can't let you go for an hour...don't they know how important a shower is?" I hopped in my car and headed north to my baby sister's baby shower. Well, the doctor agreed to let the shower come to her in the room because he wasn't letting her go. Good thing too. Apparently, her blood pressure has been hanging out at 161/110. Normal for a pregnant person is anything below 120/80. I just got off the phone with her and it's now up to 200/?. She was wearing pj's with no makeup (she literally didn't think anyone would come up to the hospital until a few minutes before everyone walked in the door) completed by a corsage. It was a very sweet shower with lots of love in the room. Karli is a very giving person, and it was evident by all her friends and well-wishers who came to stand in a hospital room and eat bright pink cake and fruit. As we speak, they are inducing labor and I'm going to be an aunt again tomorrow. She's 35 weeks and she's just a tad bit freaked out by the fact that the clothes are washed, room isn't finished, etc. I know it won't matter near as much when she sees Reagan Avery. I can't wait to show her off, but in the meantime I've come home and taken off my spanx and four inch heels I've had on for over 13 hours (I didn't know all this would be going down or I would've packed a bag)! Say prayers for my sissy and new niece!

Much love,

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww yay for a new addition. I'll be praying for a safe delivery. I see she stuck with the R names.

kristen lewis said...

I will lift her up. I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

Monica Curry said...

Definitely will be praying. Please update with new pictures of the new little bebe!!!