Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's gone to the dogs

We've been dog sitting for my parents since last week. I love have my seeester, Sissy Bouche (pronounced Boo-shea...even though I'm aware this is the incorrect French spelling of Boucher)...we misspelled it in the beginning and no need to change it now! Dodger and Sissy have had the best time chasing the dogs next door up and down the shared side fence. Up and down. Up and down. I literally have to go pick up Sissy outside and bring her in. And of course, we all sleep together. Including when the air went out. Talk about WARM and cozy. Speaking of which, the air is back on temporarily until the new part comes in tomorrow. Yea for air. It wasn't the heat that bothered me the most...it was that I felt like I couldn't breathe right. So stifling. Ick. Anyway, Sissy Bouche is going back to Amarillo tomorrow. I've enjoyed having both of the most special puppy dogs with me at my home. Dodger still doesn't want to share his food bowl and has been licking Sissy on the neck and face (it's pretty cute to me, but Sissy doesn't care for it too much) after she gets her bath. My little Sissy Bouche was the first pet (we had horses and cows, but we weren't allowed house pets growing up) we got my senior year of high school. She is on Karl Kenner time. Early to bed, early to rise. She loves having a bath. None of my friends or even Micah thinks she's cute, but I think she's just precious. Boston Terriers are really one of the most loyal, family friendly companion dogs out there. Our house and our hearts have gone to the dogs this week, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Much love,

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Remember how Laci said if Sissy Bouche was in your wedding, she was out??! Maybe she was a little jealous of your beloved Sissy,ha!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Brenda,I think you are right. In fact, I think everyone is secretly jealous of her impeccable behavior and who wouldn't love her little face!