Saturday, June 27, 2009

Since we last talked...

Good afternoon! I've been spending a day relaxing drinking fluids and popping Tylenol. I have to get to feeling better for Karli's baby shower tomorrow. She called me not long ago afraid she's going into labor, but didn't want to call her doctor so that she could still go to the shower. Silly girl. C'mon, she'll still get the loot!

Here's what I can remember from the week:

1. Summer is going by WAY too fast. Seriously. It's the last week of June. I basically start school the beginning of August. And I have to go to a math conference in July. When I start seeing school supplies on the store shelf, expect tears.

2. My favorite decorator came over this week for more help. I love, love, love soaking up her knowledge!

3. I have primed by laundry room cabinets. I really want to paint my bathroom cabinets, but wanted to practice on the laundry room first. I had to move the washer to paint. Do you know what's lurking behind your washer? Eeewww, I do now.

4. Micah's started playing golf quite regularly these days. He's been playing at least once a week if not two times a week for the last couple of months. He was burned out for so long so I'm glad he's enjoying it again.

5. I was watching Oprah this week and dressing your best was the featured topic. There was a recommendation for pants...Banana Republic Martin trousers. I own them. I love them. If you carry your weight in your tummy, run, don't walk to go get these pants!

6. I'm really scared of wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, bees...anything with a stinger and I've seemed to encounter one of those anytime I've been outside this week.

7. I really should see an allergy doctor. I wheezed, sniffled and sneezed my head off at the park last night. I literally came home and had to get in the shower to get whatever pollen was on my body.

8. Ed, Farrah, and MJ died this week. I watched Star Search. RIP Ed. Karli and I loved '70's television growing up. We watched Chips and Charlie's Angels everyday in the summer. She had a great smile. RIP Farrah. I feel terrible for MJ's children and all the speculation going on about them. RIP MJ.

Much love,

3 comments:

The Toogood's said...

Hey Colby! It's Brandi Toogood... I am SO glad I found your blog. How is life in Plainview going??? Hope all is well, I think of you guys often!

Monica Curry said...

I, too, LOVE the BR Martin pants. Love them...they are a fave.

Have you read my post about golf? I think you should tag along to scare the cartgirls off.

And one more to add to your list on #8...It's Billy Mays here! Quite a salesman, but a very LOUD salesman.

Lauren said...

hmm I must look into these pants. Also an allergist could really help I've been doing allergy shots and they have greatly improved my allergy issues.