Monday, June 1, 2009

The heat is on...

Anyone else humming the tune from the eighties based on the title? I sure am! Friday night we heard this horrible squeaking noise coming from outside. Air conditioner down. Repeat, air conditioner down. Hot Saturday. Hot Sunday. Escape house. There was no way I was going to call a repair man on a weekend. We sweated it out (I should mention, I am super cold natured and I was hot!)until this morning when I called. A memorable quote that I can actually publish on the blog comes from Micah, "There is condensation going on in my shorts."

Repair man came. Air back on. Fixed. Yahoo! I asked if we had to get a whole new until how much would this run us. Try $4,500, and it's not covered on home owners unless it's hit by lighting. C'mon, that has to be the Cadillac of air conditioners, I think. Nevertheless, I am going to take my $200 repair and be happy.

My first day of summer was spent at the bank since my debit card is lost. I did laundry, took a nap, waited on my repair man, watched Oprah, and man, I felt good to not have a schedule. I think I'm going to hibernate for a few days and recharge my battery.

This is a picture of some garden roses a boy from my class picked from his grandmother's garden. Aren't they beautiful?


This is me and my fellow 4th grade teachers on the roof of the school in our snazzy costumes!


Much love,

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love that frog costume ya'll should have a halloween party this year. When are ya'll going to see the dodgers?

The Reeds said...

Hey! This is random (and I act like that is uncommon for me or something)- I went to post on Heather's new blog and saw your comment. Cute blog! We used to live in Plainview a gazillion years ago.

But the thing that got my attention was Dodger. Too cute! We also have a "hairy white child" (jack russell).. She's our spoilt little world currently. I laughed pretty hard when he was "taking over another" pillow.. and quite to the frenzied beat of the music might I add.

So is Dodger available for a SWF JR? He would make a cute spotted papa.