Big Bird is okay in my book. The second photo is my fear. A real, live bird. Piazza San Marco =worst vacation idea for me, ever!
I don't like birds. In my mind I know it's an irrational fear, but I truly am afraid of them. I am even freaked out by their feathers, the noises they made, and the sound of their wings flapping together. My fear started in ninth grade after watching Hitchcock's The Birds in English class. I, then, would walk out to my car after school my junior year and see those big, black crows eating fellow student's lunch litter.
My mom found this Texas Tech birdhouse with a license plate roof on it last year. She thought Micah needed it since the license plate has the initials MM on it. So, here sits his birdhouse that makes me want to cuss every time I see it. Now, straw and other kinds or bird matter are poking out of it, and there are tiny chirping noises. Great. Guess I have some more bird friends. One of these birds overshot his birdhouse the other day and made it way into my house. It quickly flew out. I'm haunted by it. I can barely let Dodger out without recalling it. I was taking a relaxing nap yesterday only to hear a tiny baby bird on my window sill ruffling its feathers against the screen. The birdhouse will need relocation...quick.
Much love,




3 comments:
I love that second picture from the left!
I met Big Bird once at the Fair as a child.. I was so excited and eager.. . My mom took me over to him and I remember his voice wasn't right so I became enraged (yes... that is odd isn't it? Hmm.) and I stomped on his foot..
He cussed at me.
Such a distinct memory.
I remember thinking that Big Bird is a dirty man.
In retrospect perhaps I was a terdy child... hmmmm...
Well anything you have or stumble upon thats of an aviary theme you can send our way. We're doing a vintage, woodland, love bird theme for the wedding. I'll send you some pics of happy birds so you won't be so frightened any more. hugs, h:)
It's me again! (ah!) I just realized I didn't "tag" you because I don't "Know" you (though I saw a picture of you with Carrie Huber so I know another person you know!)- Anyway- "TAG"!
I would love to hear your "randoms" too!
Post a Comment