I've gone and done it. Yep, I've gone and embarrassed myself. I get this memo that Highland is responsible for decorating the high school locker room and the game is Thursday. This means all decorations are being picked up this afternoon (I learned this at noon). Immediately, my thought is, "Oh, no...I was never a cheerleader, and I certainly don't have bubble letter skills." So, people are tossing around "cute" slogans. I have nothing so someone gives me a suggestion, "Pluck the Chiefs." We are playing a San Angelo team. My thought, headdress...feathers coming out of the headdress. So I whip out my overhead...trace "Pluck the Chiefs." My kids think I'm so talented. Then, I put bulldogs prints all over the large piece of butcher paper as though the bulldogs have really gone to town on this team, er, giant poster. I have the kids make very colorful, fringy feathers out of construction paper. I'm so proud of myself at this point. I'm so proud, in fact, that I write in the corner of the poster (to be extra cute), "Highland 4th graders love the Bulldogs" and proceed to sign my name and have all of my students come into the hall and sign their names. I get home and begin telling Micah of
my poster. He starts laughing, "Are you serious? Real classy!" I was going so fast, I didn't even think this was an innuendo statement...what does pluck rhyme with? And, I've gone and put my name on it and all of my children's. I'm currently dying. I will be profusely apologizing and clearing my name tomorrow. And, to think I thought I was so cute...
Much love and a flushed face,
3 comments:
leave it to the husband to think of that, because up until that part of the story i thought it was GREAT! hopefully the kids are naive and will never "get it!"
I didn't even get it till you explained it. Most people aren't as astute as Micah. I think you are fine.
I am laughing out loud! Yes, leave it to the husband! We are way more innocent:)
Post a Comment