Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Too long!

I didn't drop off the face of the earth. I've just been busy so here's a random collection of things I thought of posting but didn't. Not that y'all aren't busy, it's just I'm sitting here with a Kleenex up my nose (more on that later) on Micah's work computer he brought home because our laptop which was the computer he bought as he entered law school has died. The sucker died without a whole lot of warning...otherwise I would have backed up my pictures and files a little better! Rats!

--Still liking church...we are learning to think outside of ourselves to reach out to others. Guilty of thinking of myself too much. I have a convicted heart.
--Last Wednesday, we volunteered to help with the 3-5 year old Wednesday night class...whew...glad it was just one night. I don't think I'm cut out to work with kids that I can't really discipline. Let's just say, I walked in the room and their was a little girl standing in the play kitchen sink while another boy was literally trying to scale the walls.
--I rearranged the desks in my room twice in two weeks. I'm trying to find a happy medium between rows and tables, structure, but creativity with my hetergenous learners. Balance not quite found. Speaking of my class, got a new student, lost a student. I'm hoping my room isn't the revolving door.
--I'm beginning to get fall catalogs in the mail. Isn't it exciting to see a fun winter coat and Christmas decorations in the Pottery Barn catalog? It seems to make cooler temperatures more bearable for me!
--My parents drove through last Friday night and stopped in for a nice chat. My parents really are so funny...opposites attract!
--My summer plants are starting to fade out...I need to get some fall decor outside. I do love me some mums this time of year!
--All of the fourth grade classes went to the Ollie Liner Center today for the annual "Ag in a Bag" fieldtrip. We went around to different farm/ranch stations to teach our students about livestock, water conservation, etc. My allergies hate me. I took my medicine. I think my nose went into overdrive with all of the dust and pollen. I'm sitting in my pj's after coming home to wash it all off with Kleenex up my nose. I know, I know...hot!
--Last Thursday, I went to my sweet friend Kristen's baby shower. I love a good party and love Miss Kristen. I love Kristen because she always has a positive spin with a smile on her face! I love you Kristen...and I love all my Evans' girls! Shout out!
--Got some new kicks...I thought I'd come home and run tonight...ugh the pollen.

See it's a hodge podge of stuff...sorry. I'll try to be more interesting!

Much love,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Monica Curry said...

It was so great seeing you last week. After going to Braidy's daycare this morning JUST to drop off diapers and wipes, and balling my eyes out, I'm thinking there might be a job at Evans open for you. I SO wish I was serious, for both of our sakes! (maybe next year!!!)

mandal said...

Sounds like you have been busy...know the feeling:) Luckily my allergies haven't been crazy yet. Last year was bad, I almost went crazy because of dang allergies. And yes, love the fall/christmas decorations...can't believe it's already October!!!!

kristen lewis said...

It was so good to see you, sweet friend. You bring life to a room of people. P-town doesn't know what they have in you.

Sorry about the allergies. I have tummy flu. Hideous. It is particularly awkward to hug the toilet at 36 weeks pregnant.

Monica- stop that now.