Totally unrelated...been to the LBK two days in a row! Yesterday, Micah and I had much needed haircut appointments after work! I love my hairdresser; who needs therapy when they have a hairdresser. Micah loves her, too! His curls or "wings" as he likes to call them are gone. Since I had not had a trim or highlights since the beginning of July, I was thrilled to walk out feeling like a new person! Then, we went to dinner and had a little dinner date. Sitting at a dinner table not eating sandwiches tends to much better conversation than eating on the couch while watching television. This is a horrible habit which we must break when we have children. Neither one of us ate like this growing up so we need to be good stewards with what we've learned and pass on good table manners to our children. Today, we went back and Micah watched the game with Victor while I listened on the radio as I shopped. My shopping was pretty pathetic. In four hours, I bought two pillows, handtowel, eyebrow wax strips. That's it. Guilt, I tell you. My painter, new guy, I've given up on painter #1 to call is coming on Monday. I felt like I should save my budget for him. I even bought some super cute shoes, got out to the car, felt horribly guilty and walked in and returned them. For the last year and a half, I have worked hard trying to be so aware of money spent that I am starting to almost buy nothing...it's scary! Tech won big today! I listened on the radio in between stops and I found myself sitting in the parking lot waiting until Tech ended their offensive drive...what has Micah done to me? And, the new kicker is doing awesome! College game day is coming to Lubbock this weekend! I'm so excited, and of course, Micah is ELATED!
I'm still rambling...this Christmas mix is so great, and I'm getting lost in it and have just kept typing...
Much love,

No comments:
Post a Comment