Saturday, October 18, 2008

My body came crashing down on me...

I'm bummed. I was supposed to be on a weekend retreat with my fun Sunday school class this weekend and instead I'm sick on the couch. The couch is an upgrade from where I've been--hugging the toliet and bed. Thursday night, my throat begin hurting, but I thought it was just allergies so I took benadryl and fell asleep. I woke up extra early since the 4th graders at my school were scheduled to go to Caprock Canyon to hike and fish on Friday. I began getting ready and then the illness took over my body. I could barely swallow, but I needed to throw up. I fainted and landed on the kitchen floor knocking stuff off of the kitchen counter. So I missed our big fieldtrip and we missed our weekend getaway to see the fall foliage in New Mexico. I'm on the couch, drinking fluids and pill popping antibiotics for what is either a sinus infection or strep throat. I'm so grateful for Micah's aunt for coming and bringing me help...it's so hard when you don't have a doctor in the town you live in! She even brought him "real" food to eat...isn't she so thoughtful? And thanks to my third grade teacher friends for calling and checking in on me...y'all are precious! Right now, Micah is in Lubbock watching the Tech game at Victor's house, and I'm watching from home bundled up. Goooo Tech!

Much love,

Photobucket

No comments: