Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Rainy Sunday

It's been quite the rainy day today. Rain makes me want to stay in my pj's all day. And, I have. Shhh, we didn't quite make it to church today! I did prime an old chest today, but because of the humidity it isn't drying as fast as normal so my black paint will have to wait. As for our house, I bought bright yellow mums, cabbage, and pansies for the flower bed and installed them yesterday. It looks funny because I couldn't bear to dig up some of the geranimums (they are still blooming and have got huge over the last few weeks!) so I have all four seasons covered in the bed. I am beginning to get holly berries on one of the shrubs while another shurb is giving off the typical spring flower. I think my plants are very confused. With all the rain today, I hope everything survives (I think I said the same thing in June after they put in the shurbs!). I need to get some more plants and fall decor going outside. I was at Little Red Riding Hood a couple of weeks ago, and they had some adorable scarecrows. Maybe I'll make a scarecrow...we'll see. I always think of things on the weekends, but on the weekdays, I'm just not as inspired. Around the house, not much is going on. My painter/carpenter hasn't called yet so I suppose I'll be giving him a reminder that I don't like samples on my wall, otherwise, I'll go in search of someone else. Honestly, he was supposed to call some time ago, and I was too busy to remember. Wouldn't it be just great is Candace Olson from Divine Design just came over and did my whole house? These are the things I fantasize about...

I had a pretty good week at school. I found out that one of my other fourth grade teachers is moving in January to Virginia as her husband joined the army. She told us this week she's expecting, too. Very exciting times for her!

I found out my sister, Karli, has a new job as a dental assistant...very exciting for her!

I painted my toenails a lovely fall shade...a deep plum. Love it! Maybe I was inspired by last Sunday's debuante spa day. I don't know if I mentioned, I'm the sophomore sponsor this year.

Yea for a Tech victory yesterday! I'm glad they are at home next year, and it's homecoming. Ahh, the memories of homecoming week...I, the stage fright little girl, stood up and sang karoke to some Tim McGraw song with words changed to "Hey handsome Raider won't you give me a sign, I'll anything to make you mine all mine..." I even danced with some boy I didn't know...brave soul. Then, I remember riding a float one Friday night down Broadway wearing ear muffs (it was soooo cold) and dancing to "Jessie's Girl." I was so out of my shell then!

Much love,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love candice olson. I too dream of these things. When I was in debutantes we never had a spa day. I would have loved it! My mom and I are coming to the game next week. I can't wait to watch the team in person.