In more personal news, I've been spending my down time in the house cataloging cards I've received over the last years. I made a book for my high school graduation cards, another for the wedding cards, and another for cards received over the last few years. Not only my cards, I've also saved Micah's, too. I sat with tears as I looked through these cards. Memories flooded back to me as I went through the kind words. I read a note for my first grade teacher (who pulled one of my first loose tooth in class on my request) who saw my engagement announcement in the Amarillo paper; she remembered me as an energetic, enthusiastic learner. I read a note from my mom to Micah profusely apologizing for missing his law school graduation. Her handwriting was weak, but the words were so touching knowing the struggles she went through learning how to hold a pen again. I read a card from Micah where he told me I was his everything. I read a note from Katie's parents after high school graduation saying that paths could continue to cross...I love how very true that has remained! I read a note from my students thanking me for all that I did and reminding me how much I value my job. I read many, many notes and I am so grateful for life God has blessed me with.
Much love,

1 comment:
Email me your address so I can be included in your card catalog!
Post a Comment