Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Rant

"This is the day...this is the day that the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made...I will be glad, I will be glad and rejoice in Him and rejoice in Him..."

Remember that sweet song we used to sing in children's church? I do. Boy, do I ever need it. I'm just down today. It's cloudy, and it's been cloudy. I like the rain at night, but I'm a sunshine girl. And, this is a big one...birds have built a nest on my porch. I knocked the nest down twice with the hose since I cannot reach (not that I would touch it with my hands anyway), and those tenacious suckers came back and rebuilt even bigger. They aren't nice. They swoop and loom. I'm scared to walk out my front door. Then, yesterday Micah comes home for lunch and we run to bring back a coke (no cokes=Maloufs unhappy) and discover (along with the line of cars waiting) for the next 3 WEEKS the main highway road to and from our neighborhood will be down to one lane. This means as we exit our neighborhood we are stopped and we wait for approximately 30 minutes until a lead truck comes down the highway then someone with a walkie talkie tells us to go. The same thing happens as we try to reenter our neighborhood...another 30 minute wait in the car. Yep...no fun. I feel like a prisoner of my home. And, to top it off tomorrow is the day I go to clean out my room at school. I worked so hard on my room to make it a fun learning place, and this just makes it final. I'm really sad, and I stink talking about it because I either sound whiny or just start to cry. The other hard part about it is that I want to be excited about my new school, but I'm just not there...yet. I want to be...I'm just still so sad about my school. I know people probably think...it's a job, but it became so much more for me. I could go on and on and on, but suffice to say the clouds, birds, the construction, and my self pity over my job have got me into a funk.

Okay, I'll try to end on a bright note...tomorrow I'm getting my hair done (much needed) and a dress I've been stalking online from Ann Taylor went on sale in a big way so I'm going to pop in there tomorrow...I hope it works...it looks adorable!

Much love,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think your whinning! I'm not a fan of change either but you can do. The 4th graders are going to love their new teacher!

lindseyandgrant said...

Since DeMarco responded I had to follow her lead. I had wanted to respond a few times but didn't know if that was cool. I know blogging is your new addiction and I would say I am addicted as well. Thanks for letting us in on the Malouf life!