Some people drive luxury cars, travel to exotic lands, and wear only name brands. Not me. I drive a Honda Accord, I've never been out of the country, and if I like it, I buy it, which usually means I shop at Gap-like shops. What I've always wanted was a home to feel like home. I like being at home. I like curling up on the couch with Micah and Dodger and watching movies. I love sleeping in my own bed...it is the most comfy place I've ever rested my head. When we bought our house, I loved the neighborhood, the layout, the french doors, the open floor plan and the tray ceilings. I didn't love the floors, counter tops, bathrooms, light fixtures, and window coverings. All fixable, but with enough funds. Then, after looking at the existing paint color with the sunset, it began catching my eye in a bad way. The open plan has me thrown about painting. I needed help so I called a local shop owner to my house for consultation work. She helped me pick colors, gave me names of painters (we are terrible painters!), and we are going to begin on our house to make it a home! I'm so excited about her plans (so excited that I followed Micah in the bathroom when he stopped in and began blurting out look at this, at that...he isn't as excited as me, but this isn't surprising--oh well, he was coming by to pick up my card to call in football season tickets). She really cared about what I liked. I created a "look book" for her to help explain what I like in pictures instead of words. Here's my problem, I like almost everything. I like lots of colors, styles, but I wasn't sure what I loved. Her analysis was that I like a contemporary clean, crisp look with white woodwork, but I also have a traditional flair in furniture using mahogany toned furniture. We are going to repurpose and rearrange and paint and build (all in my budget which was my gas money I used to spend to drive!), and I'm tickled pink!
Much love,
No comments:
Post a Comment