We have been trying to get our Texas Tech football season tickets online for the last couple of days. However, you do not get to pick your seats only the price point at which you are willing to spend. Time and time again we kept getting put in a section we did not want to sit. I decided I would go to Lubbock and talk to a real, live person and see with my own eyes a seating chart all with Micah on speaker phone to ensure that I wouldn't screw anything up. Off to Lubbock I went...Micah had a 12:45 appointment so I went to Taco Villa for a quick bite (oh how I miss bean burritos with extra cheese!). I get to the ticket office after by bite of food at 1:15...note on the door says "Due to computer system upgrades, we will close at 1:00 on Thursday, July 17." Seriously, Tech?!? So I call 742-TECH...only a recorded message saying the same thing the note on the door says. So this is a hyped season, and I want decent seats. I seem crazed, but let me explain. I have married the ultimate Tech fan...I don't think anyone can top him. Normally a mild mannered guy (less so as he gets older), something snaps when he enters any sort of sporting complex. Since our season tickets are on the east side and are cheaper than some, often people will buy these seats to come to the big games but will sell for the other games. One t-shirt fan and Micah got into a verbal fight which led to me physically holding him back (granted, these people were idiots and referred to us at Hitler). Oh, and Micah's sister,who I love dearly, but she's also a feisty fan sits with us(love them, but put the two of them together and well, I can't hold both of them back!). They make my game watching experience, which is looking at the game intermingled with watching the cute baby dressed in Tech gear, more spiced up! I must admit, I get more and more into it each year thanks to my very enthusiastic husband and sister-in-law. One season right after I graduated, we stood almost the whole time at some games. Standing in 95 degree heat= no bueno. My grand plan is to upgrade us to another section where maybe we won't sit next to random spectators!
So the main purpose of my sixty minute trip blown, I had to make it a worthwhile journey. Back to school shopping! Off to purchase foundation pieces, a pair of jeans using Oprah's tips for a cute tush, and a book to put all of my saved cards in. I also stopped by my landscapers to find out why I have black "spots" on my leaves, on no, I have aphids. Sick.
Okay, off of here! Oh, and Hopkins comes on tonight! If you haven't tuned in...it's a good one!
Much love,
2 comments:
I understand- Heath bleeds red and black. Our office and guest bathroom are "Tech" themed. It's quite funny...
We have season tickets in section 2. Purkeypile and his family sit a few rows in front of us. I love it there. We have a great view of the Masked Rider running in and all that! Plus, we are shaded from the sun most of the time. No freaky sunburns!!
Let me know what happens.
The one day you come and Tech is closed! That stinks. We used to get season tickets a couple of years back and it was so fun.
Post a Comment