The realization that summer is coming to an end is starting to hit.
I was shopping about two weeks ago when I noticed school supplies were being put out, and I thought, “oh, it’s too early.”
Now, we are now a mere few weeks away.
I am just starting to relax!
The whole month of June I was busy “projecting.”
Now, I’m still projecting with a nap here and there.
Yesterday, my new school had a meet and great brunch.
I am so shy around big groups of people…I wish I wasn’t like that.
There wasn’t a man in sight.
I did hear that a man does work there, but he wasn’t at the brunch.
My old school was made up of lots of men.
I like working with men.
Men are great not only to work with, but also for students who need a positive role model.
I cannot count the times I had a man back my discipline up, come fix something in my room, lift boxes, and crack a joke or two that lightened up meetings.
I may be on a mission to recruit male guest speakers...any takers?!?

Last night, the pastor and his wife and the Sunday school teachers at the church we’ve been visiting took us to dinner in Lubbock to get to know us better. It was so thoughtful and lighthearted conversation ensued. Earlier that morning I was super shy with a big group, but with small groups I’m fine.
This morning I had my exit interview with LISD. Everything is turned in and now I’m good to go. I think they want to make sure that no one left on bad terms, but I was singing my school’s praises!

I went to go buy towels when I was in Lubbock today, and I had a momentous discovery--my favorite pillow! When I moved into my first college apartment, I bought new pillows. One pillow had it's stuffing ripped out by Dodger during his puppy days which left me with one of this type of pillow. Every night, Micah tries to steal my pillow from me. When I'm sleeping on it, Dodger tries to take it from me. Everyone wants this one pillow. I stumbled on the exact same pillow at Stein Mart today. I've been trying to find it for almost two years online and in stores! Tonight will be first time we won't have musical pillows!
In other news, we got football season tickets last Friday on our way out of town. We are in section 121. Come visit us and cheer!

| Date | Opponent / Event | Location | Time / Result |
 |
| 08/30/08 | vs. Eastern Washington | Lubbock, Texas | 6:00 p.m. CT |
| 09/06/08 | at Nevada | Reno, Nev. | TBA |
| 09/13/08 | vs. SMU | Lubbock, Texas | TBA |
| 09/20/08 | vs. Massachusetts | Lubbock, Texas | 6:00 p.m. CT |
| 10/04/08 | at Kansas State | Manhattan, Kan. | TBA |
| 10/11/08 | vs. Nebraska | Lubbock, Texas | TBA |
| 10/18/08 | at Texas A&M | College Station, Texas | TBA |
| 10/25/08 | at Kansas | Lawrence, Kan. | TBA |
| 11/01/08 | vs. Texas | Lubbock, Texas | TBA |
| 11/08/08 | vs. Oklahoma State | Lubbock, Texas | TBA |
| 11/22/08 | at Oklahoma | Norman, Okla. | TBA |
| 11/29/08 | vs. Baylor | Lubbock, Texas | TBA |
Much love,
2 comments:
Cool pictures! I cannot believe school is just around the corner either. Summer just started. It will be kinda nice to get back into a routine, though. Can't wait to see how you like your new school:)
Yay! You found your pillow. I'm very happy for you, Colby.
Sincerely. I'm not being snarky.
(And see, I do read your blog sometimes!)
Post a Comment