Monday, July 21, 2008

Ruidoso: a review

We took a weekend trip to Ruidoso, NM and arrived home last night. Ruidoso has been a place of lots of fun and funny memories. I spent lots of time there in the summer when I was a kid since my nana owned an antique store. Ruidoso was the first trip Micah and I took about a year into dating. We both ended up with food poisoning; we were so disgustingly sick there was no sort of modesty. I thought if he stills likes me after that, then everything would work out! This was five years ago so it did work out!

The opportunity arose for us to go back to Ruidoso for free! We were off, packed and ready to go with Dodger! We get to the timeshare and realize pets are not allowed. I'm a rules followers--this make me very nervous! Luckily, Dodger was very good and no one said anything to us! We went to a favorite restaurant Michelina's on Friday night. If you have been in Michelina's you put your picture under the glass top table, but sadly I went to peek in the booth with our picture, it appears we have been rotated out, and a new crop of pictures is there now. Exhausted, we went back to the condo. The people above us must have been throwing a dance party or doing a cardio workout so we nicknamed them "bailamos" from the Enrique Iglesias song. They "bailamosed" up and down the stairs, above our heads, dance, dance, dance party! Saturday, after little sleep, we woke up go hit golf balls. Off to Farley's for some delicious grease. Then, to the ponies we went! I love, love, love horse racing! It's not the gambling so much, it's the whole atmosphere! I like watching the horses and people watching at the track is always very interesting. I got a nasty sunburn, but we won a little money! We went and grabbed Dodger for a fun walk around the Ruidoso recreation park. Hungry and tired we went on our way to Casa Blanca where we ate on the patio...so delicious and romantic! Sunday we woke up and watched the British Open, but quickly left after the air conditioning went out quickly becoming steamy! Lincoln County Grill got our business to finish watching the Open in a cooler place. Time to walk around mid-town. No purchases, except my favorite chocolate place at Sweet Retreat (unfortunately, they didn't have any chocolate covered strawberries). Back to the ponies, remember, I love the races! We lost a little Sunday, but still had fun. Then, it was time to come home. I love coming home to my cozy bed!

Here's some of the pictures from the trip!

We call this the "parrot." Dodger perches on my shoulder...not comfortable!

This is Nana's old shop. It used to be white and blue and called Finder's Keepers.

Saturday at the driving range. I hit a few good shots, but Micah is pretty incredible!

Saturday at the races studying the program and a winning ticket!

Dinner at Casa Blanca...sweater in July!

Sunday at the track

Driving home. Dodger is "parroting" and giving me a mustache! Dodger drives! Earth, TX.

Much love,

Photobucket

2 comments:

mandal said...

How fun! I really need to get out of LBK. And Dodger looks like he has quite the personality!

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how you wrangled a free trip. Once again I'm jealous. Looks like you had a blast.